Jay Leno is hospitalized with facial burns following a vehicle fireplace Sunday.
“I bought some really serious burns from a gasoline hearth,” Leno claimed in a assertion to Selection. “I am okay. Just will need a 7 days or two to get back on my feet.”
TMZ initial claimed that the comic and host of “Jay Leno’s Garage” was in his Los Angeles-spot garage Sunday when a car “erupted into flames without the need of warning.” Flames burned the still left side of Leno’s face, but did not penetrate the eye or ear, according to the report, which cited nameless resources with immediate expertise of the subject.
He was taken to the burn up ward at Grossman Melt away Center exactly where he remained as of Monday, and has cancelled all engagements for the period of the 7 days, for every the TMZ report.
News of a health and fitness problem was initially claimed by Men and women magazine. Leno was supposed to show up at a monetary conference in Las Vegas Sunday, but had to terminate due to a “severe clinical emergency.” Leno’s facial burns or their induce were being not disclosed at the time, nevertheless.
“His spouse and children was not able to present us really numerous particulars, but there was a very really serious health care emergency that is preventing Jay from traveling,” an electronic mail to attendees posted by People today study.
The precise induce of the fire was not disclosed at the time of publication. Leno is known for having a arms-on strategy to his broad assortment of cars and motorcycles, putting his have mechanical knowledge to do the job in preserving them managing alongside a compensated staff members. We would like him a speedy recovery.